Class started for me just a few weeks ago, but I hope to get the ball rolling and have more content up soon :-)
Sunday, February 9, 2014
Click for full size!1. American Apparel Pink Lips Cotton Spandex Sleeveless Crop Top
2. Lime Crime Lip Stain in Suedeberry
3. American Apparel Gold and Red Luxury Heart Wristwatch
4. Ann Taylor LOFT Scallop Bodice Dress
5. Philosophy Loveswept Spray Fragrance
6. Too Faced The Chocolate Bar Eye Palette
7. Audrey's Top of the A Line Dress in Black
8. NARS Blush in Exhibit A
9. NCLA Heart Attack Limited Edition Nail Polish
Friday, January 17, 2014
Ocho Loco 2Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide On Pencils are overall pretty amazing - smooth, creamy, and highly pigmented. They don't smudge, are gentle and nonirritating on the eyes, and they come in a wide range of colors. Ever since I started using them I have no desire to purchase another brand of eye pencil. This holiday season Urban Decay released Ocho Loco 2; a set of 8 eye pencils in limited edition colors and a Grindhouse eye pencil sharpener. The set retails at $59.00, but has a value of $152.00.
All 8 colors and the Grindhouse
From left to right; Crave, Twice Baked, Deep End, Tornado, Roach, Perversion, Mars
Top row: Tornado, Twice Baked, Crave.
Tornado is a dark, shimmery purple. In comparison to other colors, it's a bit less pigmented, as it takes a few strokes to get enough liner built up in to tell that it's purple.
Twice Baked is dark brown with gold microglitter.
Crave is an almost black matte dark brown. It's a great everyday color.
Middle row: Mars, Roach, Ultraviolet.
Mars is one of my favorite colors in the set. It's a highly pigmented shimmery dark green that applies very smoothly.
Roach is a copper brown shade with gold microglitter.
Ultraviolet is such a fun color. It's a bold, bright shimmery blue. It's consistency is a little less smooth than some of the other liners but it is buildable in order to get an opaque line.
Bottom row: Perversion, Deep End
Perversion is the blackest, smoothest, most matte black liner I've ever had the pleasure of coming across.
Deep End is another favorite color. It's a bright, highly pigmented aqua blue.
Overall I definitely recommend this set to a lover of UD's eyeliners or someone in need of some new great eyeliner colors. Some colors outperform others, but overall the pigment, consistency, and lasting ability of these liners are great.
10 Favorite Products Under $10In no particular order, these are some of my favorite products that cost less than $10. I made sure to include things that I use everyday or at least very regularly.
1. e.l.f. Studio Eyebrow Kit ($3.00) With a brush, pigmented wax, and pigmented powder, this eyebrow kit helps sculpt and fill in my eyebrows. The case with a mirror is perfect while on the go and it takes about a minute to make my brows look better with this product. I use shade medium.
2. LUSH Butterball Bath Bomb ($4.95) One of my favorite LUSH products and also one of the cheapest, this bath bomb smells like vanilla, cocoa butter, and ylang ylang. I have extremely dry winter skin but I love to take baths and this bath bomb helps make my skin feel super smooth.
3. e.l.f. Studio Powder Brush ($3.00) I've used this brush for mineral powder, blush, bronzer, and to set liquid foundation. It performs really beautifully with literally any type of powder. It does not shed at all, even though some of my more expensive brushes do. e.l.f.'s brushes are all around a good choice, and this is one of my favorites because it's very versatile.
4. Wet Brush Detangling Hair Brush ($8.99) Though the retail price on the Wet Brush website is a bit higher, the Wet Brush can be found fairly cheap at places such as Ulta, Walmart, and Amazon. I have thick, dry, frizzy, disagreeable hair. Before the Wet Brush, I would have never even considered brushing my hair until it was dry for fear that I'd pull out clumps of my hair. However, this brush has bristles that are soft, yet firm enough to detangle any type of hair easily. The Wet Brush is a total lifesaver.
5. NYX The Smokey Eyeshadow Palette ($6.99) This palette's eyeshadows are smooth and pigmented. The colors can either create a natural everyday look or a more dramatic smokey eye, and for this reason I love this palette because I can use it when I get ready in the morning and take it with me to transform my eye look from day to night.
6 e.l.f. Flawless Finish Foundation ($6.00) I bought this foundation while in a pinch for new face make-up, and I couldn't be happier with my choice. I would choose this foundation over any other drug store foundation any day of the week! It has a light-medium coverage and a semi-matte finish. It definitely reduces the appearance of all of my redness, but does not completely cover acne. I cover any discoloration or acne first with the e.l.f. tone correcting concealer, and then set the foundation with the e.l.f. clarifying powder and it lasts quite a long time. It also does not oxidize and turn orange like many other liquid foundations. I use the shade porcelain, and I am pleased with how well it matches my skin tone considering there are only a few color choices and I have a very difficult skin tone to match (light with strong yellow undertones.)
7. LUSH Bubblegum Lip Scrub ($9.95) I have dry, chapped lips and this scrub helps to make them smooth again. I just apply a pinch of lip scrub from the pot to the lips and rub it in for a few seconds, and then lick it off, and then I apply a lip balm. The smell is absolutely intoxicating and the taste is great, too! All of the flavors are wonderful, but Bubblegum is my favorite. Santa's Lip Scrub is a close second, however it is only part of the holiday line.
8. Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo (approx. $3.00 at drug stores and mass retailers) I have problematic hair. Therefore I try not to shampoo it everyday so as not to dry it out or further damage it. Suave's dry shampoo is amazing at soaking up excess oil and making hair smell, look, and feel like it was just washed.
9. NYX Matte Lipstick ($5.99) These lipsticks are absolutely beautiful mattes but yet aren't drying at all! They're long-lasting and don't smudge or fan out.
10. Suave Moroccan Infusion Shampoo and Conditioner (approx. $3.00 at drug stores and mass retailers) I remember hating Suave products when my family picked them up for the house when I was a girl because they were cheap and drying. However, the Suave professional line is quite wonderful and is definitely holding its own in comparison to some of the more expensive hair care lines I've tried! These shampoos are incredibly moisturizing and are transforming my hair from dry, frizzy, damaged, and dull to soft and shiny.
Thursday, January 9, 2014
Ipsy Glam Bag is a monthly make-up subscription that includes deluxe sample size and full size products for only $10/month. I wholeheartedly think that Ipsy is the best make-up subscription for the price, considering that each bag is customized by the recipient's personal style and product preference and each month you receive a new make-up bag!
December's Ipsy Glam Bag theme was Celebration. I liked the bag and it's currently in my purse!
Everything that was in the bag.
POPBeauty Bright Up Your Life Trio in Smokin' Hot ($24 full size, approximate value: $7): This trio contains shades that part of a larger palette. The pigmentation isn't bad, and the colors are ones I would typically use, however it isn't that long-wearing. This is definitely something I will keep in my make-up bag in my purse for traveling, though.
Mirabella Eye Blender Brush ($27): This brush has a really nice, sturdy, and does a great job of blending out eyeshadow. I'm not exactly sure what it's made of, as I've read that the bristles are made of either pony hair, goat hair, or synthetic hair on multiple different sites and I can't come to a consensus. For that reason, it's not something I would buy for myself unless I knew that it were synthetic.
Be a Bombshell The One Stick in Sunset ($16): This all-in-one stick is able to be used on lips, cheeks, and eyes - although I don't think this color would be great for eyes. However, I've used it on both my lips and cheeks and when used together it looks so polished! It's a coral-toned red. I love this product and may purchase another in the future!
J.cat The Big Lip Pencil in Red Rose ($3.99): I love this product and I am so glad to try out a cruelty-free brand I've never tried before. The pencil goes on smoothly and isn't drying at all. It's a classic balanced red shade.
Swatches! The bottom left is The One Stick both put on regularly and then blended out, and on the right is the lip pencil.
This was my first Ipsy bag and was a total hit for me. I can't believe they included all this product for only $10. After seeing all the other available products, mine was customized perfectly. I'll never cancel if they stay this good! If you're interested in Ipsy Glam Bag, sign up with this link: http://www.ipsy.com/r/19r6.
I've been subscribing to PopSugar since October and I do not regret it, and I don't know that I'll ever want to stop receiving it! PopSugar Must Have ships around the 10th of each months via USPS and usually takes only a few days to get to me once I receive an emailed invoice. PopSugar costs $39.95/month, or less per month with a 3-month long, 6-month long, or year long subscription. In your box you can expect an array of women's lifestyle products including food, beauty, health, housewares, clothing, accessories, entertainment, and fitness products. Here's what was in my December box:
GoVino Portable Champagne Flutes ($12.95): Honestly I wasn't sure how much use I'd get out of these since I'm not a champagne drinker and I considered gifting them. But I've actually been using them just for red and white wines and they do the job since I don't own a nice wineglass set! They're convenient, shatterproof, and really low key - a win for me.
Lulu Frost for PopSugar Bracelet ($110): I'm typically quite picky about jewelry and therefore haven't always loved the jewelry PopSugar sent out, but I love this!
NCLA Nail Wraps ($16.00): I was intimidate by these but they were fairly simple and turned out great for the holidays!
Ghiradelli Chocolate Squares ($4.25 per bag): I was not upset to see these in there.
CC Made Caramel Corn ($4.00 for 3oz.): I wasn't head over heels to see this product, but this is honestly the best caramel corn I've had the pleasure of eating!
Mixt Gifting Set ($9.00): I wouldn't have paid the $9.00 retail price for three sheets of wrapping paper, but this is adorable and came in handy for the holidays. It's recycled, too.
Model Co. Fibre LashXTEND Mascara in Black ($20): I love the packaging on this because it has a mirror on the back (...that I forgot to photograph!) It's not exactly my favorite because it tends to make my sensitive eyes water, but it gets great reviews from other people and I will still use it on occasion.
Overall this was a great box and the total value comes to about $180! If you're interested in PopSugar Must Have use the code REFER5 and this link for $5 off a box http://popsu.gr/muBk.